My mother is seriously the coolest person I know. First of all, she just had her birthday and turned a half of a century old...Yes, she just turned 50!!! But, you would never know that, and here is why:
She is beautiful!!!
Her cake with 5 candles...
While my mom was out here in CA, we were able to go spend some time with Grandpa O' and Liz:
Kyle has been trying to find a time to take my mom tree-climbing. We finally found a time on this trip.
Here she is, getting tied in...
Can you see her? She was climbing so fast for her first time!
If you look close enough, you can see her red helmet at the top of the picture. She was 60+ feet in the tree! She said she could have gone higher if the rope was longer...
After her descent. She did such a great job on her first climb!
We had a great time with my mom while she was here. And, I just have to say that my mom really spoiled us when she came. She wanted to cook for us, so she made us everything from her super yummy homemade bread to the ever-so-heavenly CAFE RIO PORK BURRITOS (Yes, she has the real recipe)! It was great. She truly spoiled us while she was here. I know, it seems crazy - shouldn't I spoil her when she comes to visit? This is why she is the coolest person I know.
Mom, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. Thank you for coming to visit and thank you for everything you did while you were here. You are seriously the BEST!
***********************
On a seperate note - I have to blog about my Valentine's day Breakfast. In my family, it is tradition to have a big Valentine's Day Breakfast. It is always Pink Heart Pancakes for the main course. However, the most important part of the breakfast is the table decor. It always looks like this:
Yes, the table decor is candy. MMMMMM....
I Love Valentine's Candy!!!











3 comments:
Mel:
#1. Your mom seriously is so cute and fun and it looks like you had such a fun time with her!
#2. I have the best memories of our Valentine's Day together and you going all out and buying us the fattest Reeses hearts and making us such a good breakfast! I love it!
Mel you guys are so cute. I bet it was fun to see Mom. Those picts are cool of her climbing the tree. I lvoe ya tons.
Hey there! Long time no see! I feel like I haven't seen you in FOREVER! Your blog is so cute and fun! It looks like you had a great visit with your mom! Hope all is well! ~Trisha
Post a Comment