Dec 1, 2009

Turkey and More

This year, we were not able to go visit our families for Thanksgiving. So, we decided to make the entire meal. After lots of cooking, we went over to the Smith's house for a great Thanksgiving feast.

This was the first time I had ever cooked a turkey. I forgot to take the lid off, so the turkey didn't get very "brown." But, it was very moist, and very yummy.

And, here is "Paul's World Famous Secret Recipe Stuffing." (Paul is my dad.) This stuff rocks... Stove Top Stuffing is non-existent in the Stevens' Family.

Kyle's mom makes the best candied yams. Here they are. I love food traditions - can you tell?!?!

Kristen made her beautiful 14 layer jello.

Kyle and I were so excited to eat the food! Here we are in front of the Turkey, stuffing, yams, potatoes, and frosted cauliflour. The rolls and homemade cranberry sauce are not shown. There was so much food for only 4 people.

I know I look really silly. But I was just so excited to eat!

The boys after the big feast. They were so full:

But not full enough to eat this little puppy!
(Mom, the crust looked so cute. You taught me well, and you would have been proud.)

After the big feast, we had a ton of left over turkey. We ate as many turkey sandwiches as our little stomaches could handle. Then, we turned the turkey into an amazing Turkey Noodle Soup. My mom did this every Thanksgiving, and I I had to carry on the tradition.

Smith's - thank you so much for hosting our Thanksgiving Dinner.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Is it sad that this post is making me want Thanksgiving dinner again? Everything looks so good. And you made everything from scratch? Even the pumpkin pie? You are my hero!

The Mostess said...

Looks delicious! Kristen and her 14 layer Jello-o....she makes me look bad. I just did one layer.

Melissa said...

Wow! Looks like you folks had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Bravo on the food stuffs! You made my tummy rumble... I'm off the raid the fridge, but it will be rather disappointing, I'm sure...