A few Saturdays ago, I came home from work to a nice surprise. Kyle had decided to make homemade OREO ice cream for me - or so I like to think.

Naturally, I asked him where he got the recipe, and he told me that he got it from his Mom. The recipe was written in complete chicken scratch on a Post-It Note.

The ice cream recipe was actually a very good recipe, so I asked him to write it down on a nice recipe card so we can reuse the recipe, and maybe actually understand it. He found a good recipe card...you know, the ones that say in cute writing... "From the Kitchen of:"
Here is what he wrote down, word for word:
From the Kitchen of: YOUR MOM
Recipe For: AMBIGUOUSLY OREO ICE CREAM
-Maybe, blend 4 eggs + 1 cup sugar
-If you want, add 2 cans sweetened, condensed milk
-Should you feel like it, 2 tbsp vanilla
-I'm not telling you that you have to, but a little whipping cream might be something to think about (= 1/2 pint)
-I guess you could put 1/4 tsp salt... if you want salty ice cream
-Add milk to fill line if you "FILL" like it
-If you want it to taste like Oreos, you'd better chop some friggin' Oreos and throw 'em in.
That's the recipe, folks. And he was SO PROUD :)
This is why I love Kyle so much. He constantly surprises me!
4 comments:
That is funny!!
Yum! That sounds so good. Much more exciting way to read the recipe :)
well, i "fill" like eating that right now. thanks for the recipe.
Mel I love that! He is so funny! Love you!
Post a Comment