Nov 22, 2011

Sarcastic Street Signs

By Kyle

I'm not sure when street signs became too boring to catch the public's attention. I started noticing sign after sign attempting a sarcastic or clever message somehow trying to guilt drivers into compliance with residential traffic laws.

I don't know what's sadder....that residents went through the trouble of conceptualizing these signs and getting them passed through local municipalities or that I took the time over several weeks to take pictures of each one.



The above picture should be prefaced by saying this sign is not located on a freeway.



One would think that they would illustrate a car running with a briefcase to work. The fine is for driving too fast...right?

Now, I've never seen a child on the road with the above sign as it's located just outside of a retirement community....maybe the message is idealistic. I apologize to those who may have lobbied for clever signs like this in their neighborhood...I just think it's funny.

0 comments: