Sep 11, 2008

Bitter Sweet Day

Today, September 11, 2008, I am NOT proud to say that I am technically a California Resident. After 23 years of being a Wyoming Resident (and a friggin' proud one), I had to pull the plug, and get a CA driver's license. I think I pouted the entire time while at the DMV (a four hour adventure). So, of course, I had to mark this day in history and take a picture. It was a sad day, giving up my Wyoming driver's license.  
In all seriousness though, the main reason I did this was so that I could Vote as a CA resident in the upcoming election. I know that my one single vote may not make that much difference, but I have to fight for the Prop. 8, stating that "only marriage between a man and a women is valid or recognized in California." 

Also, since it is 9/11, it is a GREAT day to be thankful for our troops everywhere in the world. THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM, and THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING OUR COUNTRY AND MAKING US FEEL SAFE. Also, A BIG THANKS to Brian (my brother-in-law) and Jill (my cousin), two members of my family who served in Iraq and Afghanistan to protect our country. THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU ARE SO BRAVE and WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Annie said...

We are with you on the PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!

Amanda said...

thanks for the post. it is great to be proud of our country and the men and women who fight and die for it.

so sad to release your wyoming drivers license. i felt the same when i had to become a utahn. in fact my wyoming license plates hang in our office, i just couldn't let go of the memory.

Rachel and Eric said...

YES!!! I am so glad that you have taken this big step in your life!!! My little Mellie Bear is growing up! So you never got a UT license during all those years in college?! What a silly little cub...When you're bored, write me an e-mail!

The Meilsoe's said...

Melanie! You are so cute! Now we have both had CA licenses! Funny. I am glad that you have a blog now so that I can stalk you more often! Your little puppy is sooo cute! Love you, and vote on!