I saw Mellie kissing Santa Clause...

I think both Santa and Trevor were being naughty...
HO-HO-HO... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!
********
Birthday time! Last week was my birthday, and I am 24 years young! It truly was a great birthday, thanks to Kyle. He completely spoiled me. He told me that it was not just my BirthDAY, but it was BirthWEEK!. So, all week long we celebrated my birthday. He truly did spoil me. Here is what happened.
On my actual birthday, after opening up presents, Kyle took me up to Saratoga to the cutest little Italian restaurant. The food was super yummy. When all was said and done, we had been there for over two and a half hours! It was great, though, because we just sat and talked, and had a great evening together!

Me in front of the restaurant sporting my new coat...LOVE IT!
The next night, Kyle took me to my favorite place...YUMI YOGURT. It seriously is the best frozen yogurt ever. It beats any ice cream, hands down! (Yes Rach, it even beats out Cold Stone.)
Then, on Saturday Morning, Kyle woke up before I did, so he surprised me with our traditional Birthday Breakfast. He made me the ever so delicious "German Pancakes." MMMMmmmmm...
That same day, Kyle was so sweet, and he made me a Birthday Cake. (Lots of baking for Kyle that day!!!) We didn't have any candles, so he held up a lighter as my candle while he sang to me. It was so cute!
OK, please don't be offended by the following wording of this...
When Kyle was decorating my cake, instead of putting the traditional "Happy Birthday" on the cake, he wanted to do something "funny." So, he wrote something that rhymes with "YOU BAG," but really starts with an 'F.' I laughed, but gave him the look, so he quickly started to change it to "You Rock." It didn't work, so the cake ended up saying "YOU RAG." Isn't Kyle so thoughtful...
I proceeded to tell Kyle that a simple "Happy Birthday" would have been the been good enough for me :)
Kyle seriously has the best creative mind. He is constantly making me laugh...just like he did with this cake. I love him so so so much! Thanks Kyle, for a GREAT Birthday Week!!!
Then, after we ate some yummy cake, Kyle and I were playing with Howie on the floor. He played too hard - it made him tired:
Howie loves to cuddle!
P.S.
Because I am 24 years old now, I have special Jack Bauer powers for the entire year! JUST TRUST ME!!!









5 comments:
Ahhh...Melanie! I've missed you so. I see life is treating you wonderfully! Travis and I were going to come to your parents 30th Wedding Aniversary Party, but found ourselves pressed to do some Christmas Shopping that weekend instead. Sure wished we could have come. It would have been GREAT to see you all. Glad to know you have a blog. Keep in touch! I still need to meet your prince charming someday as well! Love ya, Nicki
what a nice kyle. and how come i didn't get any special jack bauer powers a few years ago? was i supposed to fill out an application or something???
happy birthday!
K--this post just made me laugh out loud for like three straight minutes. You guessed it, it's when I read that Kyle called you a fag on your cake. Oh man that made me miss you guys! Also, as soon as you said that that yogurt place was the best, I thought to myself, "It's not better than Cold Stone" and right after that you told me it was! I still don't believe it. I'll have to try it.
Lastly, I totally thought of you on your birthday but I was a naughty little bear and didn't even text you. I've had a fat toad in my throat all week so I've just been slothing around. So I'm sorry and HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!! We can't wait to see you next week!!!
I told you being Santa and the Mrs. would provide great pictures!! :)
YEAH FOR JACK!!! You are going to be able to kick so many people's butt's!! Yeah Mellie!!
Post a Comment