Dec 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation

Over the Thanksgiving break, Kyle and I loaded up the car and headed to Green River, Wyoming. We had a great - but busy - holiday. Right when we got to my parent's house, we began helping with the cooking.  Most of it was already done, thanks to everyone in the fam, but we did what we could. It was all worth it, though, because the Thanksgiving Dinner was WONDERFUL! I wish I had a picture of the table. We had SO MUCH FOOD.

Believe it or not, the day after Thanksgiving, we started cooking AGAIN. Not for Thanksgiving, though. 

The reason for all the cooking was for my parent's 30th Wedding Anniversary Party! Here are the results:


My beautiful Mom with all the food...

Slushy Punch and Wassail, cheesecake and pumpkin rolls... This is where I hung out during the whole party :)


The entire night, I did not get one single picture of the Happy Couple. But, I cropped out a picture of the two, and this was seriously the best I could do. (Sorry for the blurriness...but I had to put a picture of my Mom and Dad on this post. Afterall, it was their big night!)

The party was a great success. Friends and family came from all around to celebrate my parent's wedding anniversary. It was great to see everyone there. The highlight of the night was when my Dad surprised my Mom and sang, "You Are So Beautiful" to her. It was so cute. All of us girls were his backup singers. Right after that, my Mom turned around and sang to my Dad. She sang, "When I Fall in Love." It was so cute how they both surprised each other with a song. They truly are In Love!!!

To Mom and Dad Stevens: Congratulations on 30 years of marriage. We love you so much.



Here are some more pictures of our vacation...



All the sisters with Uncle Roland and Benji

My parents have this hideous hippo (along with a rhino...my mom thinks they add character) in their driveway. I know, in Wyoming...hmmmm :)   Kyle and I were putting reindeer antlers on the hippo, so we thought we would climb up on the ol' hippo for a pic. 

Howie wanted to climb up for a pic, too!

These are just some pics from the trip. We had a ton of fun in Wyoming. Now, we can't wait for Christmas. We are off to Boise to spend time with Kyle's family!

2 comments:

Fox Family said...

Mel it was great to see you!

The Mostess said...

Your mom is so cute. And that spread was gorgeous!