Jan 13, 2009

Beautiful Wedding Faces....

Last week, I was able to go back to Utah for one of my cousin's wedding. Jill Stevens is such an amazing person. When she was a senior in high school, she signed up for the military. She ended up getting deployed to Afghanistan. When she got back, she decided to go from combat boots to high heels, and she ended up becoming Miss Utah. She then went on to compete in the Miss America pageant, and ended up winning America's choice, putting her in the top 16! She is such a role model for women, showing that if you put your mind to it, you can do it. She is an amazing person, and I am very proud to have her as my cousin. 

Here is a picture of Jill when she won America's Choice at the Miss America pageant.

Here she is with her new hubby. (I caught him chewing during this picture... sorry. It's the only one I took, though.)

Here is all the cousins singing their traditional song to Jill's new spouse.  They are such a talented family.
Congratulations Jilly Bean. I am so happy for you! And, it was so great to see the rest of the Stevens' family. 

Here are some other pics from the trip:

My mom with Hailey Jo...

Sheri with Taycie. Taycie has the cutest smile...she tries so hard to make it as big as she can!

My Dad with Jaden...

Me, Taycie's big smile, and Val:

Apparently, when I wasn't looking, my sisters got a hold of my camera and started taking funny pictures of themselves. So, because they did that, I am putting them on my blog... HA HA

Here is the beautiful Valerie:

And the oh-so-lovely Kristi:

And the food-stuffing Sheri:
Maybe they will think harder the next time they take funny pics on my camera!!!  :)

Here is a good pic of all my sisters. They are all so beautiful. I just love my sisters. 

2 comments:

The Mostess said...

You're all gorgeous!

Hayley said...

i watched that pre-miss america show a few times and was very impressed with jill. i'm not surprised she's your cousin...you're quite an impressive lady yourself.

speaking of impressive - i can NOT believe how young your mom looks. i always think she's your sister. good genes!