Apr 8, 2011

TMI

This post is probably in the "To Much Information" category, but I thought I would share it anyways.


We all love a good, hot shower. At least I do. For the past few days, I have been living off of PTA showers because our stupid water heater wasn't working.

P=Pit
T=Tit
A=another word for bum :)

My dad may have coined this phrase when we were camping as young kids. He said as long as you washed the PTA parts, you would be as clean as a whistle. I beg to differ.

Here's the story:

This past Monday night, I took a nice, hot shower before going to bed...

Tuesday morning was normal.

Tuesday night, I go to turn on the hot water, and it would not heat up. Hmmm.... that's weird.

Wednesday morning, Kyle get's up at the crack of dawn to get ready for work. After his shower, he came into the room, woke me up, and said, "I haven't taken a shower that cold since I was living in Panama," (where he served his mission). I told him I would call the landlady and have her come and figure out what is going on. When I went to work, I had one of my co-workers wash my hair. My body wasn't clean, but at least I could have clean hair. That helped.

Wednesday afternoon, the Landlady came over and we successfully lit the pilot light to our water heater. That was that. We thought the problem was fixed.

Wednesday night, I went to turn on the hot water again, and it was COLD. UGGGGG......

Thursday morning, early, I call my landlady again saying that something was seriously wrong, and it wasn't just the pilot light on the water heater. She needed to get someone over here ASAP.

I was starting to smell real bad.

Thursday afternoon, they finally figure out that some sensor in the water heater wasn't working and it was going to have to be replaced.

Thursday night, the new sensor was put in, and the water heater was beginning to work again. But no hot water, yet. It would take a while to heat up.

Friday Morning. I TOOK A NICE HOT SHOWER. I feel much better now. Not taking a shower from Monday night to Friday Morning was ROUGH.

At least I had my PTA's, right?!?

2 comments:

Kara said...

Only you would bust out a phrase like PTA, love it. I can't imagine not having a functional shower all week. At least you could wash your hair. Thank heavens for deodorant and perfume, right? :) Hope your shower is working in May, or that could get REALLY interesting.

The Mostess said...

We always say we have to wash our 'pits, tits, and bits." Gotta cover all of the important bases!